The main building block of the EnergyVAULT™ Energy Storage Solution is an Energy Storage Module (ESM). This building block consists of:
- Lithium-Ion Battery Modules Lithium-ion battery modules are arranged in a parallel-series matrix that forms a battery pack, which provides the energy storage element for each ESM. The quantity of modules and packs can be scaled to meet any application.
- Advanced Battery Management System A sophisticated monitoring system that measures and controls charging and discharging, while optimizing performance and protecting capacity.
- Grid-TRONIX™ Control System A modern control system architecture that coordinates between the energy storage modules, balance of plant equipment, SCADA, substation automation, and generation control systems. Grid-TRONIX™ monitors and controls to optimize system performance.
- Advanced Power Electronics A solid-state, industrial-grade power electronics module that convert s AC to DC and DC to AC. The power unit is a 1.5 MVA four-quadrant bidirectional inverter/charger that accepts P and Q commands, in and out.
- Web User Interface The Web User Interface (WUI) runs on a standard PC with a standard browser. It displays all the status information for the EnergyVAULT™ and allows the operator to control the functions of the EnergyVAULT™.
The UtiliCell EnergyVAULT™ also provides the following:
- Fully Integrated System The UtiliCell EnergyVAULT™ provides interoperability with the end-users assets and all related components.
- Speed Sub-second response time to immediately mitigate or asset deviations.
- Environmental Risk Management No adverse impacts from ongoing operations and a recyclable battery cell design for reclamation of components at their end of life.
- Corporate Cooperation and Technology Integration Collaboration exists between the power-generation farm owner, the power generation manufacturer, third-party engineering consultants and UtiliCell.
- Training UtiliCell provides complete on-site system and safety training, including O&M manuals.
- Monitoring and Maintenance UtiliCell continuously monitors and fine-tunes your system performance to ensure it is running smoothly, including routine maintenance and repairs.
- Warranty 10 year warranty on battery array* and 20 year warranty on power electronics. Extended warranty and service plans available. *Some restrictions apply
- Battery Racks
- Control System Rack
- Fire Supression
- Thermal Management
- DC Disconnect Switch
- Power Conversion System
- Web User Interface
- ISO Certified Enclosure
- Ramp Rate Control
- Load Balancing
- Peak Shaving
- Time Shifting
- Load Leveling / Following
- Firming / Shaping / Smoothing
- Curtailment Support
- Power Leveling
- Automatic Generation Control
- VAR Compensation
- Voltage Support
- ISO Market Trading
- Demand Charge Mitigation
- Frequency Regulation Up / Down
- Instant Peaker
- Non-Spinning Reserve
- Reserve Capacity
- Black Start
- Congestion Relief
- Transmission & Distribution Deferral
- Residential / Industrial UPS
- Islanding Support
- Micro Grid Power
- Power Quality and Reliability
- Power Plant Hybridization